Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Oh mylanta... where do i begin with this one! This Jersey girl has had enough of winter! Don't get me wrong, i actually don't mind the cold and occasional snow... but this winter's been harsh and i, like many, have been pushed to the limit! Spring!! Summer!!!! Where are you?! Well since i still have a few more weeks of cold to endure, I've decided that mother nature does NOT rule my house! I declare it summer here at chez FMM! To do that, I've decided to break into my new Bath and Body Works Oahu Coconut Sunset trio! You guys!!!! This stuff smells incredible! A sunny blend of coconut blossoms and exotic tiger lily warmed by molten amber will instantly take you to the tropics... even if the tropics are in Jersey! The shower gel leaves your skin softer, cleaner with a rich bubbly lather bursting with fragrance. It's infused with moisturizing aloe vera, vitamin E and shea butter to ensure major skin pampering! Follow with the body lotion to seal the deal! This lotion, in true Bath and Body Works style, will leave your skin silky smooth and the smell will leave you longing for a sunny beach and coconut drink. The fine fragrance mist is a permanent signature on my wrists, neck.... and pillow case! Yes, pillow case! Listen, something this delicious deserves to be on everything! I can't think of a better scent to fall asleep to! You must check it out!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! XOXO, Carla - FMM
*press sample - all opinions are my own based on my experience with these products.
Monday, March 10, 2014
Ok we've all had them... fashion emergencies! You know, like that time during my high school performance of Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' where my bustier strap snapped thereby flashing my right boob to the entire audience? True story! Or that time when i swiped my favorite pair of shoes against a brick wall and scratched them badly! Shoe lovers... you feel my pain right? Well, i recently found the most amazing website that pretty much has a solution for just about every fashion emergency known to man! Fashion First Aid changed my life... and my feet! Can we please talk about their Shoe Done It kit?! OMG! I've had a major shoe obsession since i was a little girl. While my friends concerned themselves with baby dolls and hopscotch, this five year old lived for shoe shopping! I can remember just about every pair of shoes i had, where i bought them and what the whole experience entailed! Not much has changed since then except that now, i sometimes opt for shoes that, well... pinch my feet! But they're SO CUTE that i can't bare to pass them up! Well, this kit has all kinds of goodies to help your feet feel a little less tortured in all your shoe options! Even when you're beloved flip flops turn against you, you'll find something in here to help. OR when the perfect flats suddenly become not so perfect and give you a major boo boo on the skin behind your heel?! You feel me right? Wunder Cover tatoo and skin shields are my current BFFs! Check out all the life saving things you'll find in this kit:
Heel Seals: adhesive sole savers
Boot Stay: adhesive sag preventers
Flatliners: footwear odor killers
Ped Pens: shoe touch-up markers
Sole Glow: clean & shine shoe sponge
Kung Shoe Grip: inside/outside nonslip
WunderCover: tattoo & skin shields Heel of Steel: impenetrable heel shields
Moving on to fashion! Ladies, here's something you'll never want to be without! The Fashion First Aid Kit is equipped with all your fashion emergency necessities and fits neatly inside even your tiniest clutch! No pockets? No problems with Fashion First Aid's Pockies!!! This baby will take care of all your nip slip emergencies too... but it's our little secret! Here's what you'll get:
1 Pair of beige Garment Guards
12 Pieces of WunderCover (you know how much i love those!)
8 Pieces of Quick Fix Sticks
1 Strip of White Collar Grime
Lastly, i've been obsessing over this super useful and at times hilarious book The Dirty Side of Fashion. First aid expert Kim Castellano offers a modern, interactive workbook covering all kinds of wardrobe malfunction, and takes a lighthearted look at what is literally, The Dirty Side of Fashion. I have referenced this book on numerous occasions, particularly in a recent attempt to open an all natural jar of peanut butter that spilled oil all over my favorite sweat shirt! The horror!!!! Thankfully, this book has an abundance of tips including 4 different fashion-saving products, 10 hanger cards, 32 stickers for machines and clothes, 4 tear-out or punch out charts, QR codes for how-to videos! Yes, all that and a whole lot of humor! Every fashion Goddess needs this fashion emergency bible in their pretty little palace! Trust me! After all, we invest a lot of money into our wardrobes... so when you take better care of your belongings, you're essentially saving money!
Who knew all these amazing products even existed right? These products make great gifts too! Think of the 'bride to be' for instance... i'm sure she would love to have some of these products on hand for the big day right? I urge you to check out this amazing site for even more fashion emergency solutions! I'm officially obsessed!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! XOXO, Carla - FMM*press sample - all opinions are my own based on my experience with these products.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Super sized CC cream? Waterproof Tightline? Stunning Anti Aging Lip Gloss? Heavenly plush foundation brush? YES PLEASE! Get excited because this It Cosmetics QVC 'Today's Special Value' is uhhhhhmazing! You all know i'm a big fan of this brand and the CC cream is at the top of my list of It 'must haves'! When i saw the size (2.53 fl oz), i swear i had heart palpitations! I go through this stuff like nothing so a super size is just what the doctor ordered for my complexion needs! You can see my full review here. This deal also includes a cult favorite Tightline although the one featured in the set is waterproof! This stuff is SO good! I love to apply it on my lower lashes too. The brush is so thin that it perfectly coats even the tiniest of lashes. Check out my full review here. The CC+ Lip Serum in LOVE is the most gorgeous rosy mauve. I swear this color correcting creme gloss is a universal shade that will compliment just about any skin tone! Ok, let's discuss the Heavenly Luxe Plush Paddle Foundation Brush! OMG seriously... It Cosmetics knows how to do brushes right! This brush is on a whole other level of amazing. It makes your foundation blend evenly and beautifully to the skin. Bonus? It feels sooooooo nice!
SET YOUR CALENDARS! This deal is available for one day only (Monday, March 10th) on QVC for only $59.98. Go get it because YES, YOU NEED IT!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! XOXO, Carla - FMM
Friday, March 7, 2014
A while back, i spotted this beauty at Sephora and simply couldn't part ways! I was already a huge fan of my Magnificent Foils Vintage Black Gold Eye Shadow, but when i swatched the Magnificent Metals Eye Liner in Black Gold i was instantly smitten! This stuff is intense and absolutely gorgeous... you know, intensely gorgeous! I'm obsessed with this stunning shade of olive green with hints of gold. The formula is sort of cakey and glides on the lid like cream shadow. While this beauty is meant to be worn as a liner, i chose to wear it as a shadow! Rules, what rules?! Oh and one noteworthy piece of advice, this baby applies way better with your fingers than your brush! I felt as though i had more control over the situation and it blended better this way as well. I may have to pick up a few more of these pretty little liners (or shadows... hehe, I'm such a rebel)! They're just too pretty to live in a store shelf!
Thank you so much for reading... XOXO, Carla - FMM
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Yay, it's finally March! Do you know what that means?! Spring will arrive at the end of the month! Woooohoooo! I don't know about you but I've had enough of this harsh winter! As i type this, we are bracing ourselves for yet another snow storm... sigh! But with the arrival of March, I'm finally seeing some light at the end of this very long tunnel! So i thought I'd get you lovelies ready for spring with some tips for prepping your hair for the new season!
My new haircut! (straight)
2. Try a new brush! I don't know about you but i find that every so often, i just feel the need to switch things up. I notice that after several months, things just aren't as great as they used to be and i simply needed to part ways with my old brush. Sorry brush, it's nothing personal! Enter Olivia Garden's gorgeous Nano-Thermic Contour brush! This uniquely curved turbo barrel brush works wonders! Its scalp-hugging barrel and bristles get much closer to the scalp while creating longer lasting natural results. The extra large vents allow greater airflow reducing drying time while shaping hair faster. I also find that while it grips the hair, it does not pull or tug which is a major plus for me!
3. I switch up my shampoo and conditioner often. You see, i notice that even the most amazing products eventually become less effective with constant use. When i switch up my shampoo and conditioner combo, i often get better results. The good thing is that you can always go back to your favorite brand. Simply giving your hair a little break from your usual products makes them work even better i feel. I'm currently using and loving ECRU Acacia Protein Shampoo and Conditioner! This powerful duo leaves my hair feeling intensely soft and shiny. I've become such a fan that i recently went on a little ECRU shopping spree! Their products are simply amazing!
4. I'm obsessed with hair masks. I try and give my hair weekly treatments because i find that my unruly hair really needs them. After all, i put my hair through a lot so it's only fair that i show it some love too! ECRU's Acacia protein Masque is the perfect match for my hair! Seriously, this paraben free and color safe masque is formulated with acacia collagen, sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, Shea butter and marine extracts. It penetrates deep into the hair shaft to repair and renew dry, damaged hair and replenish lost nutrients, leaving hair silky, shiny and strong. This masque is an absolute must in my book!
5. I've been obsessed with any product that makes my hair shiny! I have dry, color treated hair that can easily turn into a brillo pad if i don't properly care for it. I have recently fallen in love with Argan Dew Miraculous Oil. They are not kidding when they say 'miraculous'! This stuff is potent and a little goes a long way! A drop or two of this paraben and alcohol free oil and you will immediately notice a difference in the way your hair looks and feels! This double action treatment for all hair types protects and rehydrates dry, dull and damaged hair from root to tip, repairing and nourishing each strand. Argan Dew contains essential nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that work all day long to fortify the hair, improving strength, preventing frizz and crating healthy shine that lasts. Oh and you'll be happy to know, Argan Dew Oil is not tested on animals! Phew!
Well, i think with these simple tips, you too will be ready to welcome the new season! Stay tuned for some fun 'spring trend' posts in the next few weeks including a video tutorial from one of the looks i learned about during my Allure Magazine/ Maybelline Master Class! You won't want to miss it!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! XOXO, Carla - FMM
*Disclosure: Some items were sent to FMM for consideration, all opinions are my own based on my experience with these products.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
I'm obsessed with this... check out all the deets!
Hair by Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Creative Consultant Guido created easy, minimal hair for Celine using satinwear 02 prepping blowdry lotion and flex mess around 10 disrupting cream-paste. The simple Celine updo has an air of ease to it, but it also contained by the use of styling products.
"So we are backstage at Celine and the hair is well, very Celine-esque, which means that it is simple and minimal. I used flex mess around 10, which is a new cream-paste from Redken, on the roots to give the hair a bit of hold and texture. I wanted the product to hold the lines created as I raked my fingers through the hair. This technique made the style feel masculine in a way."
-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Products Used - Collection:
-pillow proof blowdry express primer
-guts 10 root-targeted volume spray foam-flex mess around 10 disrupting cream-paste
-forceful 23 super strength hairspray
-shine flash 02 glistening mist
Create the Look:
- Apply pillow proof blowdry express primer to damp hair and comb hair straight back
- Apply guts 10 root-targeted volume spray foam to roots and blow-dry with a natural bristle brush
- Apply flex mess around 10 disrupting cream-paste to roots for texture and grip
- Gather hair into a low ponytail with fingers
- Twist ponytail up until it twists over itself and secure with an elastic leaving the ends of the ponytail out
- Apply forceful 23 super strength hairspray on the ponytail
- Finish with shine flash 02 glistening mist
Photos by Greg Kessler for Redken.
*info provided by Redken PR.
Well, this is exciting! I just received my very first Influenster VoxBox! It was so fun unboxing my J'adore VoxBox, especially since there were some yummy treats inside! Lets break it down:
Hershey Kisses (a family bag of milk chocolates) - OK my little girls were thrilled to say the least when they saw this bag of yummies! They adore chocolate, particularly Hershey Kisses so i promised that i would share!
Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray - This stuff is AMAZING!!!! I loved it, loved it, LOVED IT! Kept my hair straight without needing all the extra fuss i typically put into it!
Kiss Look So Natural Lashes - So here's the thing, i don't actually like wearing false lashes. I don't like the way they feel on me and i often find that they don't look natural. I will be passing these beauties along to my sister who LIVES for false lashes! I bet she'll rock them way better than i would!
Red Rose Simply Indulgent Tea - while I'm typically a coffee drinker, i do love a good cup of tea here and there. I'd never heard of this brand before so it was nice to try some new fun flavors.
Vaseline Men Spray Lotion - When i saw this i thought, there is NO WAY my hubby will spray this on. He doesn't use very many products at all. When i approached him about it he was like no way! I simply figured, oh well, why don't i just use it. After all, i use the "girl" version of this and love it! Well, that's not gonna happen because this spray has a strong masculine scent! It's pleasant but not fit for a lady in any way. Sooooo i'll be passing this spray on to my daddy who has always been a handsome, stylish fashionista in his own way. I bet he'll love this!
So that was my Influenster J'adore VoxBox. Looking forward to many more!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! XOXO, Carla- FMM
*This box was sent courtesy of the Influenster program for consideration.