Ahhh the most wonderful time of the year... the Oscars! I mean, personally i'm not overly invested in who wins the award itself (though i was rooting for Leo this year because he truly did deserve it). I'm more concerned with who wins the red carpet! Isn't that what's important? I mean, the show itself other than Lady Gaga's performance was quite boring in my opinion. So i thought it'd be fun to chat hair and beauty by bringing you a few 'how to get the look' from dynamic celebrity makeup and hair team, LAUREN+VANESSA! Enjoy!
What makes Lady Gaga's look stand out from the rest isher bleach blonde hair. Consult with your colorist about the best way to lighten your hair without damaging it.
· First, begin with a classic pin curl set. Once hair is set begin your makeup.
· Use a Rose gold eyeshadow on the upper lid.
· Apply a black, thickening mascara and finish with a neutral lip tone like LAUREN+VANESSA Pink Truffle.
· Once you finish your makeup, brush out your hair with a mason Pearson brush. Then, brush your hair into a deep side part. Finish by Spraying hair with a strong hold hair spray.
Charlize hair and makeup complete her Dior deep plunge red dress!
· Begin with a bronze cream eye shadow. Smudge the shadow with your finger.
· Then, line your eyes with an espresso eye liner. Finish with a high impact mascara and a high shine lip gloss in a pale pink.
Hair: Part hair into a deep side part. Section out the front from one end of the eyebrow to the other.
· Then, slick remaining hair back into a low bun.
· Add a volumizing cream to the hair that is left out and blow dry back away from the face. Part hair to the desired side and finish with a strong hold spray.
· Hair: Blowdry hair with a moisturizing cream.
· Comb a deep side part into hair. Brush the hair in the back into a low pony or low chignon.
· Apply a shine cream and/or oil to hair. Finish with a shine spray.
Makeup: Use a tinted moisturizer and subtle pink blush. Add a thin black liner on the top lid.
· Finish with a volumizing mascara and subtle lipstick close to your natural lip color.
Makeup: Begin by filling in brows with your natural brow color.
· Use a Gunmetal kohl eyeliner and smudge all over top lid. Line lower lash line with kohl liner and use a volumizing mascara for extra drama. Finish with a Pink nude matte lipstick.
Hair: Spray hair with beach spray, tease crown pull back into low pony.
· Twist into low chignon, secure w/ hair pins. Voila!
Well now that you have the beauty secrets of the stars, it's time to get glam! Work that livingroom carpet girlfriend! Xo, Carla - FMM