Kate Beckinsale looked stunning at the 2014 Golden Globes. In fact, I just showed you how to recreate her makeup look in the previous post. Well, lucky you because now I can share with you just how to recreate her gorgeous hair as well. This stunning look was created by Celebrity Hairstylist, Sascha Breuer using Moroccanoil. Sascha gave the beauty an edgy style to complement her Zuhair Murad gown while presenting Best Original Song to Bono.
Overall Inspiration: “With her wholesome, English rose good looks, Kate can get away with quite a bit of edginess in her hairstyle, so we went with a punk-inspired diva look that’s a bit different from her usual soft flowing waves.”
“Get the Look”
· Start by spraying Moroccanoil Root Boost directly on to the roots of damp hair. The spray will help add body and hold and it’s a great way to set the style in. It’ll also make hair more pliable and easier to work with.
· Start blow drying your hair using a skeleton brush; use your fingers to create texture and additional volume. Once the hair is fully dry, separate into a horseshoe shaped section (the part between both temples & your crown area) and clip the top section away.
· Pull the bottom section into a low, side ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Then coil & wrap the tail into a messy bun. You can even tug a few strands out to create naturally falling bits and to loosen the bun. Secure it with bobby pins.
· Take the hair from the top section and backcomb the roots using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Teasing Brush to maximize the volume at the crown and create a slightly disheveled texture.
· Secure the top section into the existing, loose bun with bobby pins.
· Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to add shine and long-lasting hold. Spray a little on finger tips and work it into the single strands to help define. Secure the final look with a few more pins. You’re good to go!
I'm such a fan of Moroccan Oil... love to see that it's equally loved by the gorgeous Kate Beckinsale!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading! XOXO Carla - FMM
*Photos provided by Lippe Taylor PR